Posted by Kathryn Dohertyhttps://www.familyfoodonthetable.com/creamy-shredded-chicken-tacos/
© 2015 Family Food on the Table. All rights reserved.
Creamy shredded chicken tacos
3-4 servings adjust servings
A creamy sauce coats shredded chicken in this 10-minute taco dinner!
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken (homemade or from a rotisserie chicken)
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt (I use non-fat)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning (homemade or store bought)
- Optional: a few shakes of hot sauce for a little kick
- For serving: whole wheat flour tortillas (see notes)
- Optional toppings: avocado slices, black olives, green onions, chopped tomatoes, cilantro, more salsa, more shredded cheddar cheese, more Greek yogurt (or sour cream)
- Combine all of the ingredients in a medium saucepan over low heat and heat for 3-5 minutes. You don’t want to heat up the yogurt too much, just want to get everything mixed and melty and warm.
- Serve in soft or hard shells with your favorite toppings. We like lots of spinach, some extra cheddar cheese and more salsa. Or serve it over brown rice as a taco bowl. Divine!
I use soft tortillas because I can warm them in the microwave while the chicken mixture simmers to make it a true 10-minute dinner. You could also serve this in soft or hard taco shells, or over brown rice with your favorite taco toppings. Or serve the chicken mixture as a dip with tortilla chips. Or just eat it with a spoon. It's pretty much delicious any way you go.
| Nutrition Facts|
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 329kcal Calories from fat 166|
| % Daily Value|
|Total Fat 18g||28%|
|Saturated Fat 9g||45%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|