This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
These gluten-free zucchini muffins are naturally sweetened and full of goodness with oats, banana, applesauce and zucchini – great for a healthy school lunch!
These muffins have ALL the good stuff!
They are 100% whole grain (gluten-free even) with zucchini, applesauce and bananas, plus they are naturally sweetened with honey.
Completely wholesome. Completely delicious. 🙌
And they are peanut-free so I can send them to preschool for lunch for my kids, who go to a peanut-free facility.
If you need them totally nut-free, just leave out the walnuts. No biggie.
I made these gluten-free zucchini muffins most recently for two new moms in my life.
Both are second-time moms, with toddlers to care for, so I wanted to take them foods that would be good for the whole family.
It’s hard that second time around, when you don’t get to rest as much.
There’s no napping when the baby naps if you have a toddler or preschooler tearing around, demanding every bit of extra attention and affection.
Plus, they still must eat. You can tell your husband or partner to figure it out for themselves, but a 2-year-old?
Gotta feed ‘em.
Multiple times a day.
So I took my friends these muffins (along with some other dinner-type meals). I gave each mom half the batch and wrapped half of the muffins in foil so they could have some for now and stick the extras right into the freezer. (Part of my tips for visiting new moms – make it easy on them!)
One told me the extras never made it to the freezer 😊 Guess I’ll just have to send her home with some more!
But they do freeze great, so you can keep them on hand for school lunches and even snacks or breakfasts.
I adore a muffin that can be eaten any time of day!
Get a taste of fall with these feel-good harvest gluten-free zucchini muffins.
Harvest zucchini muffins
Healthy harvest zucchini muffins feature oats, bananas, applesauce and walnuts.
- 3 cups oats (I use old-fashioned)
- 1/4 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 medium ripe bananas
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 small zucchini, grated and excess water squeezed out
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup milk (whole, 2%, skim or soy milk are all OK)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375. Prepare muffin tins by filling each muffin cup with a paper liner and spraying with nonstick spray.
- Mix dry ingredients(oats through salt) together in a large bowl.
- Separately, mash banana and mix remaining wet ingredients in a small bow (bananas through vanilla extract). Stir until well combined.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until well-combined.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared muffin tin, filling each cup almost to the top.
- Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
You can omit the walnuts if you want these to be completely nut-free.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 162kcal Calories from fat 33|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 4g||6%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 4g||16%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|