Salsa is such a versatile ingredient, dip and topping. Indulge your salsa love with these fun and creative ideas for using salsa, plus a list of recipes to try!
Earlier this week I shared easy homemade salsa, a quick and easy recipe using canned tomatoes and a few other flavor enhancers. It takes just 5 minutes to make and tastes just like the salsa at your favorite Tex-Mex restaurant!
Today, we’re celebrating all the salsas, all the ways! 🎉💃
Whether you love a specific brand, a specific flavor, a certain level of heat or a specific texture, these ideas for ways to use salsa will work for you.
We’ve got some of the obvious choices for how to use it here - hello, tacos and nachos - but hopefully you'll find a few fun new ideas for using salsa too.
And stay tuned because tomorrow I’m sharing one of my other all-time favorite go-to condiments.
You can sign up for free e-newsletter to get all of my new recipes delivered straight to your inbox so you never miss a thing. I’ll even send you my free e-cookbook, Healthy Weeknight Dinners, as a thank you!
Cause I love ya. ❤️
OK, let’s move on to the salsa deliciousness!
There are so many ways to use salsa beyond just as a dip for chips. (Nothing wrong with that though; it’s a classic for a reason.)
Ideas for ways to use salsa:
- Topping for tacos, nachos, burritos and quesadillas
- Topping for fajitas and enchiladas
- Use as a salad dressing
- Add to grain bowls and salad bowls
- Serve with casseroles and crock pot meals
- Add a dollop to burgers, sliders or wraps
- Top grilled chicken, fish or steak with salsa
- Use for savory toast or open-faced sandwiches (like avocado toast)
- Serve with eggs, baked eggs or egg casseroles
- Add to black bean dips and queso dips
- Serve with potato skins, southwestern egg rolls, and other appetizers
What are some of your favorite ways to use or incorporate salsa? Leave a comment below and share with us!
(Next up on my list is to make homemade salsa verde. That'll open up a whole new set of options to use it up.)
Keep reading, too, cause just below I’ve included some of my favorite healthy recipes using salsa as an ingredient. It includes appetizers, snacks and easy dinners.
So grab a jar or make your own and indulge those salsa cravings.
P.S. Have another favorite way to use salsa or a favorite recipe that uses it? Leave a comment below so we can all check it out!