Posted by Kathrynhttps://www.familyfoodonthetable.com/perfectly-creamy-potato-salad/
© 2015 Family Food on the Table. All rights reserved.
Perfectly creamy potato salad
6 servings adjust servings
This potato salad is perfectly creamy, and lightened up using half Greek yogurt!
- 6-7 small (2-3-inch long or so) Yukon gold potatoes (see notes)
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar, divided
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon white granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup green onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Cook whole potatoes in boiling salted water for 20-25 minutes, until almost tender. Be sure to use a big pot so they are in an even layer on the bottom.
- Drain and let cool slightly, until cool enough to touch. Slice the potatoes into 1/2-inch pieces and place in a large bowl. Pour 2 tablespoons of the white wine vinegar over the potatoes while they are still hot. Let cool completely.
- Meanwhile, stir mayo and Greek yogurt together until well combined. Add to potatoes along with remaining ingredients, including remaining teaspoon of white wine vinegar. Cover and chill for at least two and up to 24 hours. Stir occasionally.
- When ready to serve, taste and adjust seasonings.
I usually use Yukon gold potatoes for this salad, but it would also work with red-skinned potatoes or even russet potatoes. Just adjust the cooking time to make sure they are tender.
I like having the peel on my potatoes, so I leave it, but you could peel these if you prefer.
I like the balance of half mayo and half Greek yogurt, but feel free to adjust to your tastes.
| Nutrition Facts|
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 266kcal Calories from fat 61|
| % Daily Value|
|Total Fat 7g||11%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 6g||24%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|