Air Fryer pork chops are coated with a delicious and bold seasoning mixture then cooked to perfection in no time. These quick and easy pork chops are perfect for a weeknight dinner!
We love us some pork dishes in our house.
Today though it’s Air Fryer pork chops. These beautiful babies are super simple to make and they have amazing flavor!
The spice rub is the key and it’s straight from my spice rubbed pork chops, a long-time favorite.
Why mess with a good thing?
But we’re taking them to a new level by using the Air Fryer, which gets these chops perfectly cooked through with a great browned crust around the outside.
Even my kids go crazy for these!
This is also my first Air Fryer recipe here on the blog. 🎉 Don’t worry though, I’ve got lots more planned and coming your way soon. (Update: Check out these Air Fryer baked potatoes; they get such a crispy salty crust! And Dijon Air Fryer chicken thighs are so easy and flavorful!)
You can sign up for free e-newsletter to get all of my new recipes delivered straight to your inbox so you never miss a thing. I’ll even send you my free e-cookbook, Healthy Weeknight Dinners, as a thank you!
By the way, this is the Air Fryer I have, and I have loved it! We’ve been using it weekly for appetizers, side dishes, main dishes and more. So easy to use, and to clean up too!
It's usually on sale and much cheaper to buy on Amazon than in stores. But you can also get an Air Fryer for around $100. Check the reviews. (This one has great reviews.)
OK, back to this recipe.
These thick cut pork chops are seasoned all over with an incredible spice mixture. And don’t be intimidated, it takes just minutes to mix together and uses on-hand spices you probably already have.
It includes brown sugar, garlic powder, dried oregano, ground cumin, chili powder, paprika, salt and dried thyme.
It’s a great balance of bold, earthy flavors with just a touch of sweetness to keep it smooth.
You can also use this rub on pork tenderloins or salmon, even chicken or steak. But it definitely makes the best seasoning for pork chops.
So let’s get cooking!
Now, I’ve got some notes and tips coming up below on how to make Air Fryer pork chops. Just tryin’ to be helpful.
If you want to jump on down to the recipe, simply scroll right on through the rest of the text. The recipe card is near the bottom of the page, above the comments section.
Notes on Air Fryer pork chops:
- It helps to take the pork chops out of the refrigerator and let them rest at room temperature for about 20-30 minutes before you proceed with this recipe, if you can.
- Make sure your pork chops are patted dry. Then season both sides of your pork chops really well. You’ll want to use all of the seasoning mixture.
- Press the seasonings into the pork chops with your fingers so it adheres well and doesn’t shake off during cooking.
- Your pork chops should be evenly sized so they cook in the same amount of time in the air fryer.
- Be sure to let them rest them for 5-10 minutes after cooking so they stay nice and juicy on the inside.
The exact cook time will very much depend on the size of your pork chops and the particulars of your Air Fryer, such as wattage and shape.
Here are a few pointers.
Tips on making Air Fryer pork chops:
- One-inch thick pork chops will take 12-15 minutes. You can start with 12 or 13 minutes and add an additional minute or two if needed once you check the internal temperature.
- If working in batches, the second batch for the remaining two pork chops, when the Air Fryer is already heated, will take slightly less time than the first batch did. I suggest you reduce by a minute from your final time with the first batch.
- I don’t recommend using really thin pork chops in the Air Fryer since it’s hard to keep a close eye on them and prevent over-cooking.
Also a note about servings…
This recipe makes enough for 4 people, but depending on the size of your Air Fryer, only two pork chops may fit at a time. Don’t try to cram them all in! They shouldn’t be crowded or they won’t cook evenly.
I have since upgraded to a large Air Fryer that easily holds 3-4 pork chops, but if yours is on the small side, be patient and work in batches.
To keep the first batch warm while you cook the remaining pork chops, you can put them on a plate and cover with aluminum foil to seal in the heat.
And because I’m a big believer in both food safety but also ensuring the optimal flavor for eating, I wanted to share some info on how to cook pork.
Tips on cooking pork:
* Be sure not to overcook your pork! You want juicy and tender, not tough and rubbery.
* Pork should be cooked to a minimum internal temperature of 145. Then let it rest for about 5 minutes before cutting.
* A digital thermometer can help you cook your pork safely and properly. I use and love this one.
Now, let’s round out the meal so we can eat!
What to serve with pork chops:
– Potatoes are always a good call. My fast-baked potatoes will be ready in time (they cook in the microwave) or you could do some roasted potatoes, like paprika roasted potatoes or spicy roasted potatoes. Sweet potatoes or mashed potatoes would be great too.
– Macaroni and cheese is another great side dish for pork. Easy stovetop mac and cheese is ready quickly. (That's what is in these photos.)
– These easy creamy white beans take just 30 minutes to make (thanks to canned beans) and don't require any heavy cream.
Voila, you’ve got a beautiful and delicious dinner on the table in no time at all! Totally winning at life! 🙌
I hope you give these Air Fryer pork chops a try. I think you’ll be impressed.
- 4 boneless pork chops, about 1-inch thick
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Pat the pork chops dry with a paper towel and let sit at room temperature for 20-30 minutes, if possible.
- Combine the seasonings (brown sugar through black pepper) in a small bowl and stir well.
- Season pork chops heavily on both sides with the seasoning mix. It can help to press the seasoning into the meat to get it to adhere better so it doesn't fall off during cooking.
- Place the pork chops in the air fryer, doing just 2 at a time if necessary to ensure they have enough room around them for air to circulate for even cooking.
- Cook in the air fryer at 375 for 13 minutes, flipping the pork chops over halfway through the cooking time. Check the pork chops with a thermometer. If they have reached at least 140, remove and let rest for 5-10 minutes. (This will allow the temperature to reach 145, the recommended temp, and allow the juices to redistribute before you cut into the meat.) If the temperature is not yet to at least 140, add another 1-2 minutes of cook time to the air fryer to finish cooking the pork chops. Repeat with any remaining pork chops.
- After letting the pork chops rest for at least 5-10 minutes, serve and enjoy!
Your pork chops should be evenly sized so they cook in the same amount of time in the air fryer.
The exact cook time will very much depend on the size of your pork chops and the particulars of your Air Fryer, such as wattage and shape. Check the temperature with a digital thermometer.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 327Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 103mgSodium: 404mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 37g