Healthy chocolate recipes includes breakfast, snack and dessert ideas that will fix a chocolate craving while being on the lighter side.
Welcome to February, friends!
It’s hard to believe it’s the start of a new month, since it seems like we just celebrated New Year’s, but I guess I’d better get on with it.
We have turned our full attention to Valentine’s Day at my house.
We’re drawing and cutting out paper hearts, using all our Valentine’s Day stickers, playing the same Valentine’s bingo game I got them years ago, and the kids are talking about candy, candy, candy. (I don’t buy them any, so they get excited for candy around holidays.)
And my new favorite tradition that I started last year…
I put up a new foam heart on each of their bedroom doors each night after they go to bed. They say things like, “You are a good friend” and “You make me smile” and “You are so smart.”
They get a new one each day starting Feb. 1 through Feb. 14. They wake up excited to find their new heart each day and it’s just sweet. ❤️
(But I cannot take credit for this idea. It’s something I saw on Pinterest or Facebook last year.)
February also means chocolate in my mind. All the fun chocolate sweets and treats all month long.
And since you know I skew to the healthy side and since you may still be working on some healthy eating New Year’s resolutions, I thought I’d indulge those chocolate cravings in a healthier way.
(Psst, last year I shared healthy Valentine’s Day snacks, so go check those out too for some cute and fun, festive ideas.)
So today I’m sharing some homemade healthy chocolate recipes that will fix your sweet tooth and not leave you wanting.
We’ve got a collection of chocolate breakfast ideas. Chocolate for breakfast is one of my favorite indulgences, and I’ve shared tons of recipes with you in this glorious category.
We’ve also got chocolate snacks and chocolate desserts, a few of which are less on the healthy side and more on the “oh what the hell, let’s go for it” side. But they’re not over-the-top ridiculous so I’m including them. 👍
In terms of format, I know some of you prefer a good old-fashioned list, so I’ve got that coming up.
Keep scrolling to the end of the post though and you’ll find visual photo grids with clickable links as well, in case you prefer that.
Chocolate for breakfast
– Healthy chocolate pancakes (whole wheat and naturally sweetened)
– Chocolate overnight oats (3 ways)
– Chocolate baked donuts (with different topping ideas)
– Healthy double chocolate banana muffins (no added sugar)
– Chocolate chip oatmeal waffles (whole grain)
– Chocolate breakfast oatmeal (totally wholesome)
Healthy chocolate snacks
– Healthy chocolate chip muffins (a long-time favorite!)
– Banana chocolate chip snack cake (whole wheat and naturally sweetened)
– No bake chocolate chip cookie balls (just 4 ingredients and 10 minutes to make)
– 5 minute healthy chocolate pudding (dairy-free, gluten-free, vegan-friendly)
– 10 minute chocolate cookie balls (just 6 wholesome ingredients)
– Homemade hot chocolate (3 ingredients and 3 minutes to make, no packets needed!)
– Chocolate Rice Krispies (just 5 ingredients)
Healthy chocolate desserts
– Homemade crunch cups (3 ingredients and no bake)
– Chocolate strawberry pretzel fudge cups (made mini)
– 4 ingredient chocolate chip brownies (my grandmother’s recipe)
– Healthy double chocolate mini cupcakes (whole wheat, low in sugar, no butter or oil)
– Chocolate pumpkin cake (so rich and moist!)
– Chocolate chip zucchini brownies (sneaking in some veggies!)
– Bourbon chocolate chip cookies (bourbon + chocolate = swoon!)
– S’mores cookies (irresistible!)
– Chocolate chip apple cake (a fall fave that we love all year long)
I hope you find some new favorite healthy chocolate recipes here to fuel your month. ❤️
P.S. If you make something, please tag me on Instagram! I love seeing what you make!