Check out these easy, healthy grab-and-go breakfast ideas for some new delicious foods to help fuel you on busy mornings!
So, I am not headed to the beach as planned this morning. Thanks a lot, Hurricane Florence.
My friends and I actually relocated our trip to the mountains because of the storm, but then even the mountains here in N.C. are expected to see flooding, mudslides, etc., so we decided to cancel our trip altogether and hunker down at home.
Better safe than sorry, for sure, but I am bummed to be missing my annual girls weekend. On the other hand, there are much bigger things to worry about with this storm, so I’m trying to keep some perspective. Anyways… on to the breakfast fun today!
So, I seem to have evolved into a morning person over the years.
In high school and college, I was a late-night owl all the way.
But ever since I graduated, my jobs as a writer and now editor have required early morning start times for work. Like 5:30 and 6:30 a.m. start times.
And sometime over the past 10 or so years, I’ve become someone who just wakes up earlier and churns out work in the morning.
So I guess I’m a morning person now. 🤷♀️
What hasn’t changed though is my need for healthy grab-and-go breakfast ideas.
I need them for me to have when I’m in the middle of deadlines and can’t be bothered to stop and put something together.
I need grab-and-go breakfast ideas for work to send with my husband if he’s running out the door. (Or as I used to be doing as well when I didn’t work from home.)
And I also need grab-and-go breakfast ideas for school for my kids, who start at different times. I also use them as a morning snack to send in with my daughter for school snack time.
So today I’m sharing 16 of our favorite ideas to get in a healthy breakfast on the go, no matter where you are heading.
(You can also check out my 5 easy make-ahead egg breakfasts if you’re an egg lover like me!)
A lot of these are make ahead grab-and-go breakfast ideas, and those are perfect for prepping at night or over the weekend or whenever you do your meal prep.
Confession: I don’t do a ton of meal prep since I do work from home and can fix things throughout the day, but breakfast is one area where I definitely make things ahead of time.
That way, I’ve got food ready to go in the morning when I’m already up and working and the kids are complaining about how starving they are when they come downstairs.
They can be a bit dramatic, especially about their food. 😂
Others in this list are breakfast ideas that you can throw together in 5 minutes or less. Cause that’s often all we’ve got, right?!
I also included a free printable of these ideas in case you want to have it on hand so you don’t get stuck in a breakfast rut! I know I have that problem…
Without further ado, here you go!
16 easy healthy grab-and-go breakfast ideas:
- Muffins or scones
- Baked oatmeal
- Breakfast cookies
- Pancake mini muffins
- Homemade egg McMuffin or other breakfast sandwich
- Make-ahead breakfast wraps or quesadillas
- Freezer breakfast burritos
- Mini egg cups (with veggies, sausage, bacon, etc)
- Slice of frittata or breakfast tart (warmed up or served cold/room temp)
- Breakfast casserole/baked omelets
- Pancake sandwiches (with peanut butter, cream cheese and jam, Nutella, etc.)
- Waffles or waffle sandwiches
- Granola (as a snack or with an individual yogurt container)
- Granola bars or fruit or nut bars
- Overnight oats in a jar
- Smoothie (green, fruit, nut butter, etc.)
Feeling inspired? Ready to put some of these ideas into action?
Let’s do it!
I’ve included some specific recipes below to help get you started.
Oatmeal breakfast recipes:
- Overnight oatmeal jars (base recipe + 3 flavors)
- Strawberry overnight oats (2 ways)
- Chocolate overnight oats
- Breakfast oatmeal squares
Baked oatmeal recipes:
- Banana bread baked oatmeal
- Blueberry baked oatmeal
- Carrot cake baked oatmeal
- Pumpkin baked oatmeal with chocolate chips
Breakfast cookie recipes:
- Oatmeal raisin breakfast cookies
- Banana oat cookies
- Whole wheat apple cinnamon breakfast cookies
- Pumpkin banana oatmeal cookies
Healthy granola recipes:
Healthy muffin recipes:
Egg breakfast recipes:
- Freezer breakfast burritos (so many ways to customize these)
- Homemade egg McMuffin (make ahead or takes 5 minutes. I made these for my kids yesterday morning!)
- Vegetable frittata
- Tomato breakfast tart
There you have it folks! Tons of easy, healthy grab-and-go breakfast ideas that will get you going on the right foot in the morning and help fuel your day!
Or use these ideas for healthy breakfast snacks on the go if you need a mid-morning pick-me-up. I call it second breakfast. 🙌
Also, here’s that FREE printable of the 16 ideas above in case you want to save it to have on hand. (It’s a PDF.)
You can also pin this post to save it for reference later or to come back and check out some of the recipes. 👍
P.S. Leave me a comment below and let me know your favorite healthy on-the-go breakfast or any that I may have missed here!